Premier Kefalonia Bus and Boat tour with Fiskardo and Myrtos Beach
All photos (13)
1 / 13
Availability and prices
At the moment, this activity cannot be booked
Offered in: English
Do this because
- Romantic boat trip piloted by a local gondolier on the underground Lake Melissani
- Visit the village of Sami and take a photo at Myrtos beach, which starred in Captain Corelli's Mandolin
- Enjoy a scenic boat trip along the north coast of Kefalonia from Agia Efimia to Fiskardo
- Stop by Amoudi beach for a swim in the clear coastal waters
- Savour a lunch made from locally sourced ingredients in a family-run taverna
- Expert local guide with an unrivalled knowledge of Kefalonia and its people
What to expect
Kefalonia was just one of seven beautiful Ionian islands until Captain Corelli came along with his mandolin and sprinkled some Hollywood glamour on its shores. But there's more than silver screen glitz for you to uncover on this adults-only tour. Jane, one of our expert local guides, says, ‘You'll hear all about the fascinating history, Greek mythology and love stories of Kefalonia.'Your adventure kicks off underground at the romantic Lake Melissani. The ancient Greeks called it the Cave of the Nymphs. It's quite the experience to glide over its glistening waters, piloted by a friendly local gondolier. We'll then head to Sami, the fishing village in which Nicolas Cage's Italian soldier fell in love with local doctor's daughter Penelope Cruz. Next up is a pit stop at Agia Efimia, where you'll have some time to poke around the shops before boarding a boat for a cruise.We'll sail along the northeastern coast of Kefalonia – all pine-clad hills punctured by hidden coves of pebbly beaches. There'll be a pit stop on Amoudi beach for a chance to swim, before docking in Fiskardo, where you'll drop into a family-run taverna for a lunch made from locally sourced ingredients. This tiny port of pastel-coloured houses and flower-filled stone streets is ‘proud of its Venetian architecture and Roman heritage', says Jane. In the afternoon, you'll visit the untouched perfection of the village of Assos and stop by Myrtos beach – one of the stars of Captain Corelli – for a photo. 'Many rate it as one of the world's most beautiful beaches', adds Jane.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.